Thursday, September 28, 2006

That's Not funny


I've been spending a lot of time reading kids books to my 2 year old and i've been doodling characters from them to practice in Painter IX. This guy is from "that's not funny!" by Adrian Nelson. I love the design of the book . It evokes the graphic styles of old 50's commercials while teaching the concept of "Schadenfreude" - which is a malicious delight in the bad luck of others.

If you get a chance, also listen to the soundtrack to Avenue Q. There's a great song about Schaedenfreude sung by none other than Gary Coleman .... er rather, an actress playing gary coleman. I'm guilty of Schadenfreude. I bet you are too.

4 Comments:

Blogger SILVER KNIGHT said...

hey sean,
mikey here....nice painter sketch you got there...
best regards,
rm

9/28/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger dex mission said...

i really need to get a copy of painter...
and a wacom...
and a new computer...
know anyone rich giving away money?
preferably in paper form with lots of zeros...

great sketch :)

9/30/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger pbcbstudios said...

that's funny these two items in the same post because your digital sketch almost looks like it could be a design for a muppet.

by all means promote the new site - put ut on the yahoo groups if you're a member -

10/03/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Albert said...

Sterling sketch! I gotta tell you: every time I open Painter I get so frustrated! But I see what so many great things other folks are doing with it and I always go back in for more punishment.

And I have never seen Ave Q, but my old employer did and I practically have the hilarious soundtrack memorized from having it blasting around the office!

10/18/2006 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home